Tuesday, October 19, 2010

good things are worth searching for

You seem to be only but a fragment of my imagination
I can't seem to find you since that day, only on tuesdays at around 11am
sitting next to tinkerbell
and sometimes working in the LA building at the peace core table.

being so polite talking to hippsters.

you, in your greek fisher men's hat, 

how you caught my eye across the library courtyard
how you sat in my spot, holding your coffee between both hands
staring off into the landscape, you where looking for your destiny, you where looking for me.
I was looking for you. On that cloudy morning.

the way you where taken back by my compliment
how you looked up not expecting me there.
not expecting anyone to speak to you
your eyes where bright and the sparks where ricocheting off you and into me.
how your clothes where so fashionable, yet so low key, the leather boots, nice jeans and messenger bag
that was most likely organized.

how I regret not sitting down with you
talking with you about the feeling after a rich tragic movie
about the mystery novels you most likely read and journals of hopeless romantics and sailors.
but for some reason that glimpse of you was just enough, the eye contact we made after the daring move I made to say
"nice hat" and the ironic path I chose to take, because I too was wearing that hat, and we looked awfully perfect in that moment.


I hope to see you again.
I'm looking for you, I want to know who you are.
If any of you know this mysterious man who wears a greek fisher man's hat every day usually in black but sometimes in grey, dark hair, dark eyes, beard, about 6'3 normal body type, attends UVU, has only been seen in the LA building, possibly a volunteer at the peace core. Please lead him to this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, you'll be with him someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was wonderfully written! Although there are some spelling errors....I still loved it!

    ReplyDelete