Wednesday, September 29, 2010

AMAZING Artist

As of late, I have been working on building up a bit of an art collection. How fancy of me, right? Well the first girl that I went to was this chick, Amber Seegmiller.

A couple of years ago, I was in an art class and we were learning about blind eye contour, basically drawing stuff while you're looking at it, instead of your drawing. I fell so in love with it, and what do you do when you fall in love with someone/something? Google it. Yup. So I googled it to see pictures of blind eye contour drawings, and good ol' Amber had some of hers posted on her blog. I looked around it and was just blown away by her work. I really do love it. And I've been watching her work change and grow for the last couple of years.

Finally, when a painting showed up in her Etsy shop that just felt right I decided to go for it. And I'm so happy that I did! You should check out her art, it's amazing. Here are a few of my favorites:

Lavender Hair

 An old self portrait


 Sea Sisters


This is a photo of an entire series she did called Vanity

Anyway, you can see that if you haven't been ogling her artwork for a long time, you need to start. Now. Visit her Tumblr. Buy some art. Make your walls happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment